St Francis Xavier Primary School deeply values the individuals who work here, and aims to ensure our employment relationship is professional, fair and consistent at all times.
We warmly welcome interest and applications from experienced teachers, graduates and support staff of the highest calibre to join our dedicated team. Our recruitment practices have been shaped to ensure child safety, and include a rigorous screening process.
To apply for any of the positions listed below, please read through the application documentation and submit as per the instructions.
All candidates will receive an acknowledgement of their application. Those who are not invited for an interview will be notified of the outcome of the process at the appropriate time.
Thank you for your interest in working at St Francis Xavier Primary School.
As part of our screening process, St Francis Xavier Primary School will confirm your Working With Children Check and National Police Check status, obtain proof of your personal identity and qualifications, verify your history of work involving children and obtain references that address you suitability for the job and working with children.
Our externally-offered positions are advertised on our website, and the Catholic Diocese of Ballarat Education Office employment page. All applications should include:
- Your resume
- A cover letter
- Your response to key selection criteria listed in the position description.
- Three referees, including your current employer.
Current Advertised Position – as of Monday 10th August 2020
Classroom Teachers for 2021
Full Time: Fixed Term
St. Francis Xavier Primary School is experiencing a period of significant growth and is inviting applications from suitably qualified people for a position as a Classroom Teacher to commence in 2021. Salary and conditions are implemented according to the Victorian Catholic Education Multi Enterprise Agreement 2018.
Experienced Teachers and Graduates are encouraged to apply.
- The successful applicant will have a demonstrated commitment to Catholic education and to the safety and wellbeing of children.
- The successful applicant will possess the skills and abilities necessary to provide students with a rich and rewarding educational experience and will embrace a collegial, team-based approach to teaching and learning.
- The successful candidate will be appropriately qualified, demonstrate enthusiasm and ability to deliver the appropriate curriculum to a range of educational abilities, and be able to provide care and support for students whilst supporting and respecting the ethos of the school and its environment.
- The successful applicant will have accreditation to teach Religious Education in a Catholic School or a commitment to obtain accreditation.
- The successful applicant will hold Victorian Institute of Teaching Registration.
How to apply:
Please visit the Catholic Education Office of Ballarat for more detailed information:
All applications directed to:
St. Francis Xavier Primary School,
PO Box 2027
Ballarat Mail Centre VIC 3354
Written applications should contain the following:
- A completed Application for Employment Form
- A Cover Letter
- A Curriculum Vitae that includes 3 nominated referees, including current employer
- A Response to the Key Selection Criteria
Applications close: at 4:00pm Monday 17th August 2020.
This school community promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children.