St. Francis Xavier encourages children and families to use the Bus Service. The buses run to a number of locations within Ballarat and surrounding districts.
Public Bus Service run by Public Transport Victoria
- City Bus
- Black Hill Bus
- Bunninyong Bus
Country Bus Service run by Ballarat High School
- Water St Exchange – Rural areas to the north and east of Ballarat
- Bray Raceway exchange – Rural areas to the south and west of Ballarat
Families should notify the school office at the beginning of the school year of each child’s bus schedule using the Transportation Form.
If there are any changes to your child’s schedule please kindly fill in a new Transportation Form or contact the office with the relevant changes.
If you are a new family starting and intend for your child to travel to or from school, please fill out the Transportation Form and return it back to the school office.
Bus Procedures for Parents:
- You need to notify the office if there is a change to your default (i.e. what you filled out on the form)
- Changes to the daily schedule would be appreciated as early in the day as possible – before 2.30pm and can be updated on PAM (Parent Access Module)
- Changes to the daily schedule can also be communicated via the or via the office email: email@example.com
Student Conveyance Allowance System (SCAS)
The conveyance allowance is a form of financial assistance for parents/guardians to transport children to and from school in rural and regional Victoria. Allowances are available for public transport, private car and private bus where students are unable to access free school buses.
Students may be eligible for a conveyance allowance when they:
- attend their closest government or appropriate non-government school/campus located outside the metropolitan conveyance boundary.
- reside 4.8km or more from that school/campus attended.
An application form is provided here 2023-Conveyance-Application-Form_Editable, alternatively, contact the Office to obtain a copy of the form.
Further information on the program is available here.