St Francis Xavier Primary School deeply values the individuals who work here, and aims to ensure our employment relationship is professional, fair and consistent at all times.
We warmly welcome interest and applications from experienced teachers, graduates and support staff of the highest calibre to join our dedicated team. Our recruitment practices have been shaped to ensure child safety, and include a rigorous screening process.
To apply for any of the positions listed below, please read through the application documentation and submit as per the instructions.
All candidates will receive an acknowledgement of their application. Those who are not invited for an interview will be notified of the outcome of the process at the appropriate time.
Thank you for your interest in working at St Francis Xavier Primary School.
As part of our screening process, St Francis Xavier Primary School will confirm your Working With Children Check and National Police Check status, obtain proof of your personal identity and qualifications, verify your history of work involving children and obtain references that address you suitability for the job and working with children.
Our externally-offered positions are advertised on our website, and the Catholic Diocese of Ballarat Education Office employment page. All applications should include:
- Your resume
- A cover letter
- Your response to key selection criteria listed in the position description.
- Three referees, including your current employer.
Current Advertised Positions – as of Friday 16th July 2021
1. Classroom Teacher
St. Francis Xavier Primary School is inviting applications from suitably qualified people for a position as a Classroom Teacher to commence in 2022. Salary and conditions are implemented according to the Victorian Catholic Education Multi Enterprise Agreement 2018. Experienced Teachers and Graduates are encouraged to apply.
- The successful applicant will have a demonstrated commitment to Catholic education and to the safety and wellbeing of children.
- The successful applicant will possess the skills and abilities necessary to provide students with a rich and rewarding educational experience and will embrace a collegial, team-based approach to teaching and learning.
- The successful candidate will be appropriately qualified, demonstrate enthusiasm and ability to deliver the appropriate curriculum to a range of educational abilities, and be able to provide care and support for students whilst supporting and respecting the ethos of the school and its environment.
- The successful applicant will have accreditation to teach Religious Education in a Catholic School or a commitment to obtain accreditation.
- The successful applicant will hold Victorian Institute of Teaching Registration.
Application close at 4:00pm on Friday 6th August 2021
2. Music / Performing Arts Teacher
We are seeking applications from suitably qualified teachers to join our dynamic team. The position is an ongoing position for a part-time Music/Performing Arts teacher (0.8 FTE) The successful applicant will teach students in all classes at the school from Prep-Year 6.
The applicant must:
- demonstrate a commitment to the ethos and practice of the Catholic School
- demonstrate contemporary teaching and learning knowledge and practices particularly in relation to Music and the Performing Arts
- have experience in co-ordinating school productions and working with school choirs
- have current registration with the Victorian Institute of Teaching
St. Francis Xavier is a school community which is committed to the safety, wellbeing and protection of all children in our care.
Application close at 4:00pm on Friday 30th July 2021
3. Deputy Principal: Learning Diversity / Learning Enhancement
St. Francis Xavier Primary School is seeking to appoint a Deputy Principal commencing 2022. This is an ongoing position with an initial 3 year appointment to the Deputy Principal role.
The successful applicant will have appropriate educational qualifications, leadership and management experience and Accreditation to Teach Religious Education in a Catholic school. They will have a strong vision for, and commitment to, Catholic education and the capacity to work and be involved in the wider community life of the school. They will build trust through integrity, communication, professional competence, diligence and relational skills.
How to apply:
A detailed position description and application requirements are available by accessing the School website at: https://www.sfxballarat.catholic.edu.au/our-school/employment/
All applications directed to:
St. Francis Xavier Primary School,
PO Box 2027
Ballarat Mail Centre VIC 3354
Written applications should contain the following:
- A completed Application for Employment Form
- A Cover Letter
- A Curriculum Vitae that includes 3 nominated referees, including current employer
- A Response to the Key Selection Criteria
Applications close at 4:00pm on Friday 23rd July 2021
This school community promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all children.