St Francis Xavier Primary School is a Catholic school that operates under the governance of the Diocese of Ballarat Catholic Education Limited (DOBCEL) with approximately 480 children from Foundation to Year Six. Diocese of Ballarat Catholic Education Limited (DOBCEL) is the company established by Bishop Paul Bird to become the governing body for schools in the Ballarat Diocese. This includes St Francis Xavier Primary School, Ballarat East.
School Advisory Council
The School Advisory Council consists of St. Francis Xavier Community Representatives representatives and members of school leadership . The School Advisory Council meets at least six times a year and act as an advisory forum on matters pertaining to the life of the school. It is expected that School Advisory Council members promote the Catholic Ethos of the school and support the development and promotion of school community.
The following are some ways the School Advisory Council supports the school and the principal:
- provide a voice for members of the school community
- actively support, in collaboration with the local parish, the Vision and Catholic Identity of the school
- provide input into and support for strategic planning and directions
- actively support and promote child safety practices including the National Safeguarding Principles for Child Safe Organisations
- provide input and contribute advice in the processes of school improvement and school review
- support the Principal in meeting his/her responsibilities and accountabilities for educational outcomes, effective stewardship of resources, and annual reporting
- actively support the Principal in the encouragement of family engagement
- support the ongoing sustainability of the SAC and its members in its succession and learning